Plan for Success: Meal Prep Edition
April is all about Meal Prep. Working out is one very important part of living well and getting fit, but it is only half the challenge. You can work out all you want, but if you aren’t fueling your body with healthy and nutritious meals in between workouts, you will never see the results you deserve.
So for the month of April, I am challenging you to prepare your meals in advance. Now hear me out - I know this can be tough when you have a busy schedule. But that’s why I am here! I will help inspire and guide you through the meal prepping process!
I know firsthand how easy it is to grab something unhealthy and processed when you are busy and hungry. And this bad cycle perpetuates itself - the worse you eat, the worse you feel, the less likely you are to want to work out or take care of yourself.
Meal Planning is a great way to break that cycle and take control of your busy schedule - and it has lots of other great benefits too! For example, planning your weekly meals:
- Is easier on your wallet. Planning in advance means less waste and more money saved at the grocery store.
- Will save you time. A little bit of time up front means a lot of time saved during the week.
- Will help you manage portion sizes while ensuring you get are getting a well balanced diet.
- Can help you avoid mindless munching. By fueling up properly at mealtimes and planning out healthy snacks for the day, you will find your desire to reach for the junk food fade away.
- Will improve your energy levels and your mood by ensuring that you are getting the fuel you need at the time of day your body wants it.
And like I said - you are not alone! Remember, you can always ask me for hints, tips and tricks throughout the month! I will be sharing some of my favourite pre-planned meals on my social media feed all month so keep an eye out for some tasty inspiration.
How to Collect Points for the Meal Prep Challenge:
- MAKE A PLAN! Send me your week’s worth of meals on Sunday Night and you will get 10 points. For every photo you tag you on social media of you prepping your delicious, healthy meals with #AprilChallenge or #AIMTOMealPrep you will get an extra point.
Don’t worry - you don’t have to chop, measure, cook and package all of your meals at once, just write down your plan for the week and share it with me! The more prep you can do in advance though, the easier it will be for you during the week.
- EAT WELL! I will give you another point for every meal on that list that you actually make and eat during the week.
That’s it - just make a plan and eat well. You will be amazed at how much time you save not trying to decide what to make every night when you get home tired from work. And like always, there will be a great prize for our best meal prepper of the month!
Recommended Reading: Check out this great blog post by Tammy at Organize Yourself Skinny for some great tips for first time meal planning.